A spray dryer, as the name implies, is a device for drying, utilizing a spray.
A spray dryer mixes a heated gas with an atomized (sprayed) liquid stream within a vessel (drying chamber) to accomplish evaporation and produce a free flowing dry powder with a controlled average particle size.
Why Use A Spray Dryer For Your Drying Application?
Because of The Particle Size Control
The dry particle size can be easily controlled by atomization of the liquid feed and the design of the hot gas inlet. The correct spray dryer design and atomization technique can increase yields for products that require classification. Spray dryers can typically produce between 30 to 500 micron average particle size, in a bell shaped distribution.
Because of The Flow Properties of Drysolids
The shape of most spray dried particles is spherical, which provides for fluid-like flow properties. This makes many downstream operations, such as packaging, pressing, filtering, and handling easier and less costly.
Because of The Homogeneous Solids Mixture Produced
Spray drying produces the most homogeneous product for multi-component solutions and slurries. Each particle will be of the same chemical composition as the mixed feed.
Because of The Evaporative Cooling of The ProductT
The heat and mass transfer during drying occurs in the air and vapor films surrounding the droplet. This protective envelope of vapor keeps the particle at the saturation temperature. As long as the particle does not become "bone-dry", evaporation is still taking place and the temperature of the solids will not approach the dryer outlet temperature. This is why many heat sensitive products can be spray dried easily at relatively high inlet temperatures.
Because of The Short Residence Time Required
The surface area produced by atomization of the liquid feed enables a short gas residence time, ranging from 3-40 seconds depending upon the application, which permits spray drying without thermal degradation. This allows for fast turn-around times and product changes because there is no product hold up in the spray drying equipment.
Because of The Reduction in Corrosion Potential
Because a spray dryer is a gas suspended process, the dryer chamber remains dry by design. Therefore, many corrosive materials can be processed with carbon steel as the primary material of construction of the spray dryer chamber, which reduces capital costs.
We look forward to cooperating with partners from all the world to build win-win cooperation relationship in long term. If you are interested in our products,please contact us!
Wuxishi Da Tang Drying Equipment Factory
Contact: Zhiming Tang
Related Industry Knowledge
- The principle of vacuum freeze drying
- Composition of the freeze-dryer
- Fluidized bed dryer how to wash?
- Air drying device classification
- Working principle of air dryer, cla...
- How to resolve a series of failures...
- Drying equipment common sense
- Fluidized bed dryer working principle
- Fluidized bed drying equipment of e...
- How to choose the drying equipment?
- Horizontal Spray Dryer Attribute De...
- Centrifugal Spray Dryers Performanc...
- Spray Granulation Dryer Process and...
- Nano Pulverizer Characteristics and...
- Pressure Spray Dryer Application Ar...
- Horizontal dryer configuration intr...
- Horizontal Powder Dryer Characteris...
- How To Clean The Spray Dryer
- The advantages of vacuum dryer
- Centrifugal Spray Dryers Maintain